Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We're going down---AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

The stock market. I am convinced that it is actually just a supercomputer spitting out random numbers simply for the entertainment of watching us mortals run around like chickens with our collective heads cut off when the markets go down. And I'm sad to say that I have volutarily put my own neck on the block too---and I don't even have any money involved.

My college class is doing a stock contest---take a group of four people, pick four stocks, and see how you're doing.....in an economy like this, it's pretty bad right now. Three of our stocks are 'safe stocks' and one is a bit of a risk.

And so, I find myself checking out our stocks every time I'm on the internet. Then I ask myself...how in the world do actual investors survive in this type of environment. When the market is dropping like a rock, how are you able to keep your nerve throughout all of this? I have quite enough trouble with entirely theoretical capital.

The stocks we picked were Walmart, Amazon, Manitowac Co, and a company called Hunstman. As of right now, the best of them (Amazon) is down 57 cents.....AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

No comments: